Sesame Herb Crackers
yields approx. 16 crackers
2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup sesame seeds
2 Tbsp. wheat germ
1 tsp. sea salt
2 Tbsp. bran
1/2 tsp. each: dried oregano, basil & parsley
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
3/4 cup cold water
4 Tbsp. sesame oil
1. Sift flour and baking soda into a bowl. Add remaining dry ingredients and stir.
2. Mix water and oil into the dry mixture.
3. Roll dough out between wax paper and place onto a cookie sheet lined with baking paper.
4. Gently cut into squares before baking, not cutting all the way through the dough.
5. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 350° for 17–20 minutes.
6. Cool and break crackers along pre-cut lines.
•Variation ~ Substitute 1/4 cup onion flakes and/or nutritional yeast for the bran and wheat germ.
•Variation ~ For a simple sesame cracker, do not add herbs.
These recipes have been reproduced from Incredibly Delicious: Recipes for a New Paradigm, which includes all sorts of tips to help make the transition to veganism easy and delicious.