Italian Tomato Sauce (rich and creamy)
yields 2 1/2 cups
3 oz. sun-dried tomatoes
3 dates (pitted)
1 large tomato
1/4 cup cold-pressed olive oil
1 Tbsp. oregano
sea salt or substitute, to taste
2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
1/2 cup fresh basil
1. Place dried tomatoes in a bowl and cover with water. Soak for at least one hour (until soft). Cover dates with water and soak for 20 minutes.
2. Place all ingredients in a blender, including all soak water and blend thoroughly, adding more water only if needed. Sauce should be thick and creamy.
yields 3/4 cup
1/2 cup almonds/walnuts, ground
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1/2 tsp. herb seasoning (such as Herbamare)
1. Pulse almonds in a food processor using the S-shaped blade. Do not make a paste.
2. Put in a jar and add nutritional yeast and herb seasoning; mix.
3. Sprinkle on your salad, pasta, raw pizza, etc.
These recipes have been reproduced from Incredibly Delicious: Recipes for a New Paradigm, which includes an extensive chapter on raw food preparation, as well as over 500 recipes and all sorts of tips to help make the transition to veganism easy and delicious.